The Forney Advantage Series™ auto-darkening welding helmets are user friendly, comfortable and lightweight. They have increased functionality, which enables longer performance when compared to basic welding helmets.
These auto-darkening welding helmets are also economical for a wide range of intermediary user needs. This series is perfect for intermediate to advanced welders and is the only helmet at this price point that uses ultra clear technology.
SHELL AND HEADGEAR FEATURES:
• Impact resistant and fireproof nylon shell
• Five point adjustable geared headband
AUTO-DARKENING FILTER (ADF) FEATURES:
• 7.70 sq. in. (3.93” x 1.96”) expanded viewing area
• DIN 9 to 13 variable shade selections
• Four optical arc sensors
• 1/16,000 per second switching speed
• 1/1/1/2 optical clarity rating
• UV/IR coating
• Cheater/magnifying lens compatible
• Ultra clear view technology
• External shade selector knob with grind option allows for quick shade modifications.
• Internal step-less controls include both sensitivity (high-low) and delay (min.-max.) adjustments.
• Solar cells with 2-each replaceable 3V lithium batteries, low battery indicator and automatic on/off technology.
When you receive your Forney Advantage Series helmet, you will find directions inside of the cardboard packaging. Reference this insert for further instructions.
Check for any shipping damage such as cracks. Remove the protective film on the outside of the lens and the inside of the lens.
Next, remove the tab to activate the battery. Press the test button and look for the flashing lens which indicates the auto-darkening feature.
Set the shade level adjustments, sensitivity and delay to the type of welding you will be doing.
Lastly, adjust the headgear for a proper fit. Do this by pushing in the knob and twisting it to tighten or expand.
To learn more about our other auto-darkening welding helmets, click here.